Once the initial sum of Geo is paid to unlock the trial, the player can challenge the trial as many times as they want for free.
Enemies killed in the Trials do not drop Geo.
Beneath the main floor is a resting area filled with non-hostile Fool enemies, as well as a Bench.
- To the far right of the resting area, a breakable wall reveals a hidden Hot Spring with a Sturdy Fool relaxing in it. Splashing water at him with the Nail will cause him to block himself in annoyance.
- To the left of the resting area is a room where The Knight's Shade will spawn if they are killed during a Trial.
- There is an alternate "entrance" to the arena from the right of the resting area. Sounds of battle and cheering from the crowd can be heard, though no enemies are visible and the gate cannot be opened or broken.
- Tiso can be found here, claiming this is the place he was searching for. He is eager to fight the Knight, and warns him that his shield holds a "deadly weapon." However, he is never fought and his corpse later appears in Kingdom's Edge.
- If the player rescued Zote both times, he will be found here, trapped in a cage. He claims that he planned to be trapped, though his Dream Nail dialogue suggests otherwise. He then becomes the final "boss" of the first Trial, though his attacks deal no damage and any attack will send him flying. After being defeated he returns to Dirtmouth.
The Colosseum of Fools is located at the very top of Kingdom's Edge. The player will ascend the main middle shaft of Kingdom's Edge, with a quick divergence to the right column; as platforms stop appearing midway through the main column (but only for a short distance). The player then returns to the main column and can continue ascending.
Trial of the Warrior
Trial of the Conqueror
Trial of the Fool
Get as many nail / health / soul upgrades and equip some of the following Charms:
- Quick Slash
- Mark of Pride
- Thorns of Agony
- Fragile Strength
- Dream Wielder (or another one for gathering soul)
- Steady Body
- Quick Focus
- Heavy Blow
- Unbreakable Heart
It should also be noted that the charm Baldur Shell is also useful in some situations when facing enemies that indirectly target the player, such as Volatile Gruzzers and Death Loodles. The Flukenest Charm is also extremely useful for spellcaster builds. Also take into consideration the fact that the final boss of the trial of fools will be automatically defeated if its "Beast" is defeated, so it is recommended to ignore the Tamer and go for the Beast.