A Dream Boss is a ghost Boss that is unlocked by defeating a specific living Boss and then striking their corpse with the Dream Nail. The Knight will be transported to the Dream World and must perform a short platforming sequence to reach the boss room, which will be set up in a similar fashion to the room in which the original Boss is fought.
Dream Bosses are significantly more challenging than their living counterparts, with much faster and more complex attack patterns, along with much greater health.
When defeated, a Dream Boss will grant a certain amount of Essence, just like Dream Warriors.
There are 3 Dream Bosses in Hallownest.
|Icon||Name||Corpse and Location||Essence|
|Failed Champion||False Knight in the Forgotten Crossroads, in a room above the boss room, surrounded by two Maggots.||300|
|Lost Kin||Broken Vessel in the Ancient Basin||400|
|Soul Tyrant||Soul Master in the City of Tears (Soul Sanctum)||300|
Losing a Dream Boss battle
It's important to note that The Knight does not actually die during a Dream Boss battle. If the player loses, they will simply wake up next to the corpse. This means several things:
- The player does not leave behind a Shade.
- The player does not lose part of their SOUL Meter.
- The player does not lose any Geo.
- The Fragile Charms sold by Leg Eater do not break, making Fragile Strength and Fragile Heart particularly good choices if the player finds themselves dying often.
- Steel Soul runs will not end.