The currency of Hallownest, made from fossilised shells of various forms. Can be traded for goods or used as toll in various old mechanisms.
How to Acquire
Geo can be gained in several different ways:
- Defeating enemies
- Destroying Geo deposits
- Opening chests
- Selling relics to Relic Seeker Lemm
- Turning in Grubs to the Grubfather
- Completing a Trial at the Colosseum of FoolsWhile the Gathering Swarm Charm is equipped, a small swarm will gather any dropped Geo for the player, except those fallen in water or acid. Fragile Greed increases the amount of Geo enemies drop.
Good Sources of Geo
- Husk Guards in Forgotten Crossroads
- Many enemies in the City of Tears, especially Great Husk Sentries. Hoppers and Great Hoppers in Kingdom's Edge are also great sources of Geo.
- Many enemies in Infected Crossroads
- For early-game players killing Mantises within the Fungal Wastes is a valid way to collect Geo
- Gorgeous Husk in the City of Tears drops 420 upon death (672 with Fragile Greed equipped)
- In Kingdom's Edge, there is a hidden passage accessible by breaking a wall in a room with a Great Hopper and a lot of spike pits. At the very bottom of it is largest Geo deposit in the game, rewarding 420. This value is not increased by Fragile Greed.
Summary of Geo needs
- 1560 for Stag Station (if you arrive to Stag Nest after every other station)
- 800 for all Bench Toll
- 1079 for all of the maps from Cornifer (1515 if bought from Iselda)
- 1780 for Iselda Pins and others
- 1286 for all of the Fragile Charms (1046 if wearing Defender's Crest)
- 1350 to unlock all of the trials at the Colosseum
- 100 to make a bank account at Millibelle (and 2500 if you want her to leave)
- 7050 to fully upgrade your Nail
- 5410 to buy all from Salubra (1690 for the Charms and 3720 for Notches and Blessing)
- 9260 to buy all from Sly
- 36000 to upgrade all of your Fragile Charms to Unbreakable at Divine
- ~90 per Rancid Egg bought from Tuk (opt. with an infinite supply)
- 800 to get Dash Slash from Nailmaster Oro
- 3000 have to been thrown into the fountain found in Ancient Basin