|Veteran warrior of the Colosseum of Fools. Fights by the side of the creature she has trained.|
|Some hunters train beasts to join them in chasing down prey. I tried once, but couldn't resist the urge to test my companion's strength against mine.|
Behaviour and Tactics
- Leap: God Tamer will leap into the air and swing her lance down. She brings her lance down just as she lands. God Tamer will track The Knight with this attack, bringing her lance down where The Knight was when she started the leap. Despite this fact, there is a maximum range to this attack and that range is about 75% of the arena. This attack can happen in conjunction with God Tamer's Beast's attacks.
- Rolling: God Tamer's Beast will curl up into a ball and roll across the arena towards The Knight. They will traverse the entire arena and when they hit the wall, they bounce high into the air and try to land on The Knight. The bounce does track The Knight, landing where The Knight was when God Tamer's Beast struck the wall, not when they started the roll. The Beast is invulnerable to Nail attacks but vulnerable to spells while they're rolling.
- Spew: God Tamer's Beast will spew blobs of infection towards The Knight. The blobs travel in three groups. One group drops just in front of God Tamer's Beast, another flies across most of the arena, and the third group splits the difference. This formation creates large, safe gaps on the arena floor between the groupings. The blobs will persist on the ground for about two seconds.
Be warned that there are no check points in the Colosseum, so if the player loses to the God Tamer, they will have to start the Trial of the Fool from the beginning.
Thankfully there is plenty of time to heal before God Tamer enters the arena and both rider and mount have relatively little health by boss standards, making them susceptible to damage-bursting them both down, especially with Stalwart Shell equipped.
The Spell, Vengeful Spirit, is useful in this fight because it can hit both the Beast and God Tamer per single spellcast. All spells can also damage the Beast when they are performing a Rolling Attack.
Killing the Beast first ends the fight because God Tamer stops fighting once her Beast dies.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
This enemy is only found in the Colosseum of Fools.
- Beating the God Tamer and thus completing the Trial of the Fool yields no reward other than bragging rights, an entry in Hunter's Journal and 1% towards game completion, making the God Tamer boss fight only required in 100% runs.
- If the beast is killed before the rider, she gives up fighting.
- The rider shares the same dream dialogue as the infected husks in the Forgotten Crossroads, while the beast shares dialogue with common beasts such as Crawlid.
- God Tamer is one of the backer-designed bosses, confirmed by Team Cherry in a Reddit comment. She was designed by Dmitry Shcherbakov. She is the only backer boss to be included in the base game.
- There is a corpse of a creature similar to God Tamer's mount found in the Queen's Gardens, but it is unknown if they are related.
- The mount is referred to as "lobster" in the game files