|The remains of a great Hallownest Crossguard, animated by a strange force. Instinct drives it to guard its post against intruders.|
|Larger and stronger than their brothers, these bugs are still forced to steal their weapons from the remains of other creatures. They do not roam or hunt, forever standing guard and lashing out at anything that wanders near.|
Behaviour and Tactics
Stands in place until disturbed. Once engaged, it rushes into battle, using two attacks:
- Overhead Slam: Raises its club and smash it down in an overhead arcing motion. This attack will deal 2 masks of damage.
- Shockwave: Hops backward, creating shockwaves that travel horizontally both left and right.
It is possible to hit the Husk Guard once, then run out of its range before it can bring down its club, however, the window to strike is quite small. This is easier later on with the Mothwing Cloak.
If the Husk Guard does a shockwave attack, simply jump over the wave. It is usually possible to jump towards the Husk Guard and get one or two hits in after this attack.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
- Husk Guards drop 45, a very high amount for an early game enemy and can be used to farm money early on. Both guards are located conveniently close to the Stag Station in the Forgotten Crossroads.
- Once the Forgotten Crossroads changes to the Infected Crossroads, the Husk Guard near the arena of the False Knight is overcome by The Infection and can not be fought anymore. The one in the northeast of Forgotten Crossroads is still there however.
- Two Husk Guard corpses can be found on the edge of Fog Canyon in a sort of guardroom. Their purpose is unknown.