|For the DLC update, released on 20 April, 2018, see Lifeblood|
Lifeblood Cocoons will respawn if the player gets hurt and loses all remaining lifeblood on hand or if the player rests at a Bench.
The Location of hidden cocoons may be hinted by blue butterfly plants growing near the path leading up to them.
The player may purchase a Cocoon Pin from Iselda for 100, which reveals the locations of every Lifeblood Cocoon in the area after that area's Map has been purchased and the player has discovered them.
- At the King's Path, left and up from the Focus tutorial sign.
- At the Ancestral Mound, left and up from the Elder Baldur.
- At the Greenpath, behind a breakable wall above where a Moss Knight is first encountered.
- At the Fog Canyon, above a hallway filled with Charged Lumaflies.
- In the Mantis Lords boss fight room, at the upper left corner behind a breakable wall.
- At Deepnest, in a secret room at the top of the ruined tram station.
- At Deepnest, directly above where Galien is fought.
- At Kingdom's Edge, hidden behind a secret path below Bardoon.
After completing any Pantheon in Godhome with any amount of bindings active, notches will glow above the door to the left side of the entrance to the Hall of Gods. Each notch corresponds to a binding completed and the minimum amount needed to open the door is 8. Using the Dream Nail on the blue coloured dreamcatcher will add Lifeblood Cocoons to every single bench checkpoint of the Pantheons. The amount of Lifeseeds that spawn from the cocoons depends on the number of bindings completed:
- Completing 8 bindings - 3 Lifeseed per Cocoon.
- Completing 4 more bindings - 4 Lifeseed per Cocoon.
- Completing 4 more bindings - 5 Lifeseed per Cocoon.