Nailmaster Oro is found in Kingdom's Edge
Yes, I know why you're here. You came to learn a Nail Art from the legendary Nailmaster Oro.
It is the law of the Great Nailsage that I must pass down my teachings to those who are worthy.
But no law forbids me from exacting a payment for my time. If you truly wish to train under me, prove it with Geo!
Subsequent offers of training
Refusal of training
Substitute "Geo" for "strength" and you'll have my own views on the matter. Begone!
Talk again after training
Revisit after training
As my pupil, it is lawful that I allow you rest and shelter, but do not stay longer than you need to.
Talk again during revisit after training
After learning Dash Slash
Your skill with the nail, and your thirst to become stronger... you remind me of my brothers.
I have taught you all I can. Go back into the world, traveller, and leave me to my solitude.
After acquiring Cyclone Slash
He has strange notions of loyalty and honour. I'm sure he was difficult and unpleasant to train under.
Did he mention my name to you? If he does, tell him to be patient. He'll be waiting a while longer before I give him what he wants.
After acquiring Great Slash
Yes, he was the mightiest of the Great Nailsage's pupils, far outshining Mato and myself. My brother and my master loved him very much.
He was always aloof, but... not unkind. When we last spoke, he said he was going to teach himself something completely new. I wonder if he achieved that goal.
After acquiring Nailmaster's Glory
I do not begrudge you his love. You have earned it.
And perhaps by helping you along your path, I have redeemed myself... if only a little.
In the future, if you will listen... I will tell you why I chose to tread this path.
- According to the Nailmasters' dialogue, there seems to be bad blood between Mato and Oro. Their dialogue implies that Oro owes Mato something that he will never forget.
- A possible reason as to why Oro requests payment to learn his Nail Art could possibly be that he owes Mato a debt.
- Oro is the only Nailmaster who must be paid before teaching a nail art.
- To the east of Oro's house is the impaled corpse of a Great Hopper dressed in a Nailmaster outfit, most likely used as a training dummy. Attacking it with the Dream Nail reveals the dialogue "Stronger... Brothers..."
- This dream dialogue is most likely referring to what takes place if the player attacks the corpse enough times (25 attacks), whereafter two live Great Hoppers fall from the ceiling and attack The Knight.