|Mimics the shape of other creatures to lure prey to it's lair.|
|In the deepest darkness, there are beasts who wear faces stolen from your memories and pluck at the strings in your heart. Know yourself, and stay strong.|
Behaviour and Tactics
Nosk has four attacks:
- Charge: Nosk rapidly crawls towards The Knight. They will traverse their entire lair with this attack and they do not stop if they hit The Knight.
- Leap: Nosk will leap around their lair. It's difficult to call this precisely an attack because Nosk will leap to move around their lair but will also at times, leap to The Knight.
- Eruption: Nosk will spew two blobs of infection at their feet and sixteen more blobs everywhere else in two parabolic arcs. Nosk tends to run up close to The Knight before they shoot these blobs. This attack was added as part of the Hidden Dreams DLC.
- Rain: Nosk will leap to the top of their lair, disappearing from sight, and rain blobs of infection down on The Knight. Nosk will stay out of sight for about six and a half seconds, dropping a blob or two every half second after the first blob. Nosk can take about one and a half seconds upstairs before dropping the first blob. Nosk can be tracked by watching the dust falling from the ceiling. This attack was added as part of the Hidden Dreams DLC.
Nosk moves quite fast, and his slightly unpredictable nature makes it hard to find a good time to heal.
The player should use the room layout to their advantage. By hiding on the base of the left edge of the raised center platform, the player should be able to hide from most of Nosk's attacks, allowing them to heal safely in almost any situation during the fight. However, this spot does not nullify the Rain Attack and Charge Attacks that go to the right. Nosk may also rarely hit the player with the Leap Attack and the Eruption Attack while they are in that spot, though cases of this are few and far between.
|Dream Nail Dialogue|
A breakable wall in the room directly left of the Deepnest Hot Spring will reveal a secret section that contains a Grub. Breaking another wall behind the Grub leads to the tunnels that lead into its lair.
When first encountered in Deepnest, Nosk looks exactly like The Knight and will appear in several places that are always out of reach. Once the player reaches the location where it appeared, Nosk will have vanished.
Once reaching its lair, they will reveal their true form through a transformation sequence before roaring and beginning the fight.
- In a Kickstarter update there's an entry named "Unknown Species" that could be referring to either Nosk or the Knight, with the following description:
- "No data available. This creature has been stalking the caverns lately. Travellers are advised to avoid it - it is potentially dangerous."
- Using the Dream Nail on the many victims found throughout the corridors will reveal that Nosk took the shape of their lost loved ones to lure them into its lair.
- Curiously, some of their victims appear to be Vessels, like the player.
- When it dies, Nosk drops the same mask the player drops upon death.
- In Nosk's lair, in the background, you can see that one of its former victims is missing a head. This is possibly where Nosk acquired the mask for its disguise.
- The Hunter's notes say that Nosk can search through memories in order to lure prey into its lair, suggesting that it found other vessels within the player's mind.