All software updates are written in a 4-decimal format notation.
First and second decimals are for major/minor feature additions, respectively.
The third decimal is for general non-content-adding changes.
The fourth is for fixes only - no changes (apart from obvious changes that are part of a bugfix).
- Fixed missing Dung Defender audio
- Removed erroneous green/blue pixel
- Fixed issue where a boss could be damaged before start of battle
- Minor graphical fixes
- Minor cutscene fixes
- Fixed issue where some enemies and bosses could break when being killed by extra sources of damage eg. Dreamshield, Flukenest
- Fixed issue where lever could be hit through a wall
- Dialogue fixes
- Fix for new boss’s title in Italian
- Fixed issue where Fury of the Fallen did not work while wallsliding
- Further fixes for the issues in the previous build, eg some switches not working in a late game area.
- Fixed an issue where some chests will not open
- The Grimm Troupe quest is now available. Seek out the Nightmare Lantern.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese (Beta)
- Added Russian (Beta)
- Added bindable mouse buttons
- Fixed Nightmare King not appearing
- Fixed issue where Nightmare King didn’t take damage correctly during stunned phase
- Fixed reactivity issue on Monomon’s tank
- Removed duplicate charm notch
- Updated credits
- Fixed issue where Grimmkin could be fought twice
- Enemy placement adjustment in City of Tears
- Fixed issue where Collector’s jars did not spawn enemies
- Fixed potential soft-lock in late-game hidden area
- Fixed issue where backtracking in a late-game hidden area could warp you to a completely different location
- Fixed Russian display issues
- Fixed missing button icon
- In certain scenes, charm effects will not display (eg. Glowing Womb, Defender’s Crest)
- Watcher Knights can now be damaged by spells while rolled up (seems fairer, right?)
- Fixed issues with Grimmchild targeting things incorrectly
- Fixed issue where Glimmback could get stuck in place
- Fixed a potential issue where players could be permanently locked out of Ancestral Mound after Crossroads become infected
- Additional effects during Grimmkin battles
- Fixed Flame Pin display issue on map
- Sped up process for opening inventory
- Effects changes
- Fixed issue where, after dying and having a glass charm break, you could incorrectly remain overcharmed
- Fixed issue where you could incorrectly remain overcharmed after picking up or buying a new charm notch
- Fixed issue where using Dreamgate while standing in hot spring would cause some particle effects to follow player into next scene
- Language menu fix. Now only switchable via the main menu.
- Various optimisations
- Various small scene updates
- Animation fixes
- Fixed issue where defeating Collector with Defender’s Crest equipped could make him invincible.
- Fixed issue where certain bosses were invulnerable to Flukenest
- Fixed issue where defeating a Warrior Dream with Flukenest, spore cloud or dung cloud caused an error that locked you out of retrieving Essence
- Fixed issue where Flukemarm didn’t respond aggressively to being stunk out by Defender’s Crest.
- Re-added missing audio and art to new Hidden Dreams boss.
- Slight adjustment to a Hidden Dreams boss’s falling attack.
This fixes both the unkillable enemy in City of Tears and the credits glitch.
- Title screen change to celebrate the release of Hidden Dreams
- Fixed issue where a Hidden Dreams boss's roar could stay on screen if he was stunned during a certain move
- Fixed an issue where an enemy could 'die twice' if bombarded with attacks, eg multiple flukes, hatchlings, spore shroom. This was the cause of a number of issues, including the Mantis Lords fight sequence breaking and the waves in Colosseum of Fools desyncing. Should be all fixed now!
- Slight tweaks to Flukenest damage
- Fixed additional issue where some boss/NPC names weren’t appearing.
- Preliminary testing for Japanese language
- Fixed an issue where Great Shield Sentry could become frozen.
- Further language refinements and fixes.
- Fixed a soft-lock when speaking to certain characters in Chinese language.
- Further language refinements.
- Further refinements to translation and display for German (Beta), Spanish (Beta), Simplified Chinese (Beta), Korean (Beta).
- New languages: German (Beta), Spanish (Beta), Simplified Chinese (Beta), Korean (Beta).
- Fixed issue where some boss/NPC names weren't displaying correctly.
- Fixed issue where Quick Map shortcut could cause errors while entering/leaving scenes (for real).
- Slight adjustments to White Palace respawn locations.
- Enemy behaviour adjustments.
- Cutscene refinements.
- Added beta support for Simplified Chinese and German
- Fixed issue where Dung Defender did not react to Dream Nail during battle
- Fixed issue where Quick Map shortcut could cause errors while entering/leaving scenes
- Fixes to enemy dreams
- Various particle effect fixes
- Various SFX/Music fixes
- Added initial language menu on first game launch
- Fixed issue where charms that increase nail-slash size did not apply while wallsliding.
- Fixed issue where in-game timer displayed incorrect playtime.
- Fixed issue where Soul Twister’s orb projectiles could get stuck in mid-air permanently
- Various adjustments to Hollow Shade spawn positions
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck behind a gate in Greenpath.
- Fixed issue where menu wouldn’t allow start of a new game in certain circumstances
- Fixed issue where doublejump would fire instead of normal jump, resulting in a lame floaty jump.
- Fixed display issue for Shade Marker on map.
- Fixed issue where Hornet’s needle hitbox could stay active if stunned mid-attack.
- Fixed issue where super*dashing or quaking into a Vessel Fragment or Mask Fragment produced strange results.
- Fixed issue where rage-quitting during death sequence could leave impatient players with missing Geo but no Shade.
- Fixed Dream Dialogue not displaying correctly in late-game area.
- Fixed issue where quaking down into another scene caused a second loss of Soul.
- Fixed issue where player couldn’t super*dash from the very edge of a platform.
- Fixed issue where players could get stuck behind a gate in White Palace.
- Fixed issue where Shade music could be faintly heard at incorrect times.
- Slight amendment to Uumuu battle. No longer causes a large knockback while shrivelled. Increased HP a little to compensate.
- Fixed an issue where stunning Dung Defender early left you fighting him without his extremely good theme playing in the background.
- Increased Fury of the Fallen’s damage multiplier from x1.5 to x1.75.
- Fixed issue where incorrect congratulations message was displaying after finishing game on Steel Soul mode.
- Fixed issue where breakable wall near a Hive exit could get the hero stuck moving left automatically.
- Fixed issue where map screen could be accessed without actually acquiring the map first.
- Fixed issue where striking a Warrior Dream with the Dream Nail as their ‘defeat’ animation plays could cause a soft*lock under certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue where footsteps could be heard during cutscenes
- Fixed issue where white flames weren’t showing on enemy corpses when they were killed by spell.
- Slight refinements to map room display
- Various enemy fixes
- Various interface/menu fixes
- Various SFX/Music fixes
- Various graphical fixes
- Small optimisations to enemy damage effects.
- Fixed issue where trigger for Zote event could be skipped.
- Fixed issue where Failed Champion dealt incorrect damage after being stunned
- Improved performance in some targeted scenes, for lower end machines.
- Made Quickmap double-tap shortcut easier to register and made it work while sitting at benches
- Fixed an issue where dying just as you defeat your Shade could produce some odd results.
- Fixed an issue where Giant Hoppers ignored damage-over-time effects such as spores.
- Fixed soft-lock issue that could occur before fighting Broken Vessel.
- Improved hitbox on Broken Vessel projectiles (don’t worry, we made them more lenient).
- Fixed issue where a lift could stretch out player’s x-scale temporarily.
- Fixed issue where player couldn’t pause during first fight with a late-game boss
- Fixed Grub Mimic persistence issue.
- Fixed issue with Shade spawning underground in a certain area
- Fixed an NPC name display bug
- Fixed an issue with Vengeful Spirit dissipating incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where a blank dialogue could cause a soft-lock
- Fixed an issue where Flukemarm was invulnerable to Scream spell
- Fixed an enemy damage effect display issue
- Improved recycling system for certain effect objects
- Minor map fixes
- Additional sound improvements
- Minor Game Text fixes
- Fixed an issue where player could Superdash in mid-air
- Lore clarification for Deepnest Stagway
- Fixed an issue where game could crash at load of main menu for machines with low RAM
- Further performance optimisations
- Initial implementation of French language setting (add run command -forcelang at launch to enable)
- Fixed inaccurate hitbox on Traitor Lord
- Added a check to tram system that ensures an error can’t place it at a non-existent station
- Fixed a display issue with Blue Hiveblood HP
- Fixed an acid pool in Fog Canyon that respawned the Knight outside the tilemap
- Fixed a certain gate taking damage as though it were an enemy
- Changed the way lifts alter the player’s physics, to avoid scenarios where player can get through walls
- Fixed a double-up of Iselda’s voice when she has no stock
- Fixed an issue where Hunter’s Journal entry for Elder Baldur could be missed. For existing files, if a single Elder Baldur has been killed, journal note is awarded
- When sitting on the ground, HUD now hides itself. Very atmospheric (eventually we’ll make a button that hides HUD… Hopefully)
- Game now auto-saves when Delicate Flower is broken. This may seem harsh, but it will make victory a lot sweeter. Please understand.
- Improved effects in an NPC cutscene
- Fixed missing Salubra title
- Fixed an issue where, after superdashing between scenes, player’s body wouldn’t break objects.
- Fixed a dodgy Camera Lock in White Palace
- Fixed an issue where player could respawn inside White Palace after completing it, forcing them to backtrack in order to leave
- Fixed an issue where a Heavy Sentry could spawn outside of a battle room in Isma’s Grove.
- Increased enemy knockback on Great Slash and Dash Slash
- Added an extra check for Charms equipped, so if a player’s filled notches count is set incorrectly by an error, opening the inventory will recalculate and correct the count
- Fixed an error where Grubfather would sometimes give out less Geo than he should.
- Fixed hitch when entering water
- Fixed an issue where Mawlek’s attack pattern could get stuck in a loop
- Added some flies eager for exciting new scents
- Various small scene fixes
- Various audio improvements and fixes
- Fixed an issue where opening full map via Quickmap shortcut while in a late game area caused a game-freeze
- Fixed an animation error on player character when exiting a late-game cutscene
- Fixed Shrumish Ogre persistence issue
- Fixed an issue where hitting Zote with Dreamnail during his battle cry made him invincible, which he doesn’t deserve.
- Decreased heap size allocation at start-up.
- Fixed issue where Soul Master’s shockwave attack would sometimes not spawn
- Fixed issue with sfx not playing correctly on some breakable one-way walls
- Fixed issue for some players whereby collecting a mask fragment would white out the screen
- Fixed display bug for cages in Colosseum of Fools
- Fixed bug on exiting Trial in the Colosseum of Fools that caused player to become stuck behind metal grate
- Fixed a dialogue issue for Iselda
- Fixed sound effects playing on incorrect mixer and thus being unaffected by in-game audio setting
- Fixed issue where Speed Completion achievement was not being awarded correctly
- Fixed an issue with Thorns of Agony charm not firing correctly when taking damage with inventory open
- Increased Geo reward for defeating Entombed Husk
- Fixed inaccurate hitbox on Broken Vessel/Lost Kin when stunned
- Fixed issue in City of Tears where entering a battle room from the left spawned an enemy outside of room
- Fixed an issue where Lifeseeds and their cocoons couldn’t be damaged by Grubberfly beam
- Fixed issue where defeating Crystal Guardian and then immediately dying prevented his bench from becoming useable.
- Fixed issue where defeating Crystal Guardian (rematch) and then immediately dying prevented Battle Gate from staying open.
- Fixed City Crest in statue displaying over player.
- Fixed issue with Isma’s Grove battle gates not re-opening on re-entry.
- Fixed players being able to escape tilemap in Abyss Dream.
- Increased Cyclone Slash size
- Fixed intermittent frame-flickering on certain enemies
- Fixed inventory button not opening inventory on Logitech F310 in X mode.
- Added anticipation SFX to certain enemy attacks
- Further optimisations
- Optimisation: New pooling system for spawned enemies
- Fixed gramatical, and, spelling errers in Game Text
- Fixed Hive Husk displaying incorrect Enemy Dream text
- Added additional SFX to Husk Hive
- Increased Geo awarded by Husk Hive
- Added additional SFX to Hive Soldier
- Fixed an issue where player could travel up through an unbroken window in Soul Sanctum, causing game freeze
- Fixed Gruz Mother sometimes turning into a weird, stretched-out fatty when dying in the Colosseum
- Increased Notch Cost of Quick Slash charm to 3 (affects new files only)
- Slightly decreased invulnerability time for Stalwart Shell charm
- Improved recycling system for frequently recycled objects
- Fixed an issue where Hornet was knocked out of the arena on being defeated, robbing the player of a hard-won victory
- Fixed an issue locking players out of Distant Village event
- Fixed an issue where getting hit with Inventory open and Thorns of Agony equipped caused a game-freeze
- Fixed an issue with lifts in City of Tears becoming inoperable
- Fixed issue with Grubberfly beams firing upward and downwards with Joni’s Blessing equipped, regardless of health remaining
- Fixed an issue with Red Grubberfly beams being fired with Joni’s Blessing/Grubberfly Elegy/Fury charms equipped, regardless of health remaining
- Fixed a Battle Scene in White Palace being triggered prematurely
- Fixed Failed Champion’s dream remaining accessible after his defeat
- Fixed fader stuttering in City lift scenes
- Fixed an issue where Failed Champion’s battle could be triggered prematurely
- Increased effect of Soul Eater charm
- Fixed a lever in White Palace that could be poked through its gate
- Fixed an issue with the Warrior Dream’s sprite lingering on after defeat
- Fixed an issue where player couldn’t jump out of water when up against some walls
- Fixed an issue where player could get locked back into a City room upon return
- Fixed an issue where progress past a Kingsmold battle was blocked by an unopening gate in certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where dying on a conveyor belt could cause the effect to persist on respawn
- Fixed an issue where roar lock could persist after death
- Fixed issue where shade summoned by Jiji becomes invulnerable
- Fixed an issue where Hornet’s needle’s hitbox could remain after she’s stunned
- Fixed an issue where player could perform actions while respawning from a hazard
- Fixed an issue where player could become invulnerable when blocking a hit with Baldur Shell
- Fixed an issue where Soul could be reimbursed incorrectly when focusing with Shape of Unn equipped
- Fixed the spike respawn location in Soul Tyrant battle to be inside the battle arena.
- Fixed map display for Sharp Shade room showing the whole room whilst only able to access its entrance.
- Remodelled a wall in the White Palace that allowed a challenge to be bypassed.
- Fixed 2 spike pits in Deepnest that respawned the player outside the map.
- Numerous small scene fixes.
- Reduced slowdown issues around Failed Tramway.
- Initial optimisation improvements.
- Added Cornifer ambient hum and paper trail.
- Fixed Soul Vessel sometimes not displaying on first collect.
- Fix for Kingdom’s Edge soft-lock.
- Fixed Geo collection slow-down.
- Fixed Quick Cast keyboard map not saving between play sessions.
- Increased effects on colosseum Shade location.
- Various small scene fixes.
- Relinked missing dialogues for Lemm & Leg Eater.
- Fixed various spelling/grammatical errors in Game Text
- Restored Cloth event in Dirtmouth.
- Fixed issue where dying in a dream with Joni’s Blessing equipped left you with 1 HP on waking up.
- Fixed Issue with Dash Slash effects sometimes disappearing.
- Fixed an issue where defeating Shade and quickly exiting scene didn’t restore Soul Orb.
- Dream Pin and Bench Pin fixes for map.
- Fixed Collector’s spawned creatures sometimes not dealing damage.
- Fixed issue with Mantis Traitor battle becoming unbeatable.