It is presumed that she is the Queen of Hallownest, due to her location, dialogue and context clues in and out of the game (see Trivia).
Having met Hornet
After acquiring Kingsoul
After acquiring Void Heart
When wearing Defender's Crest
While wearing Grimmchild
While wearing Grimmchild in its final phase
- The White Lady appears to be immortal, or at least capable of extreme longevity, as she has remained bound inside the structure since before the fall of Hallownest.
- The White Lady is most likely the Queen of Hallownest. Evidence pointing to this are the following:
- In a Kickstarter update, detail about a Great Knight mentions the Queen: "...She was driven mad by her Queen lost and the garden overrun." It is clear that the Knight in question defended the Queen, who later died. In the game, the White Lady does not seem to be aware of the Knight's passing: "I'm sure you saw Dryya on the way in? She's stood guard over me for so long. Despite her hard front, she's always been a caring type. I'm sure she'll much enjoy a Knights' reunion."
- In the game files, the White Lady is referred to as "Queen".
- She gifts one half of the Kingsoul, a "holy charm symbolising a union between higher beings". The other half is acquired from the Pale King's corpse within the White Palace.
- A room in the White Palace holds a throne-like chair with the imprint of a tree that strongly resembles the White Lady's body.
- On Team Cherry's YouTube channel, there is a video called "Hollow Knight: A Weird And Wonderful World Trailer" that depicts early footage of the Gruz Mother fight, with statues in the background depicting the Pale King and the White Lady.
- When using any spells on the White Lady a protective emblem resembling a Seal of Binding will appear over her.